Whoever would have thought Johnny Cash would have a song like this? But actually the guy I consider “The King Of Country” is a really deep guy. This song shows that really we need help with pretty much everything.
Here are the things that I need help with
1. Not ending a sentence with a preposition (haha)
Ok let’s start over. These are things with which I need help:
1. Saying no
2. Deciding whom I should help, and to what degree!(Those two things cause me no end of frustration!!!)
3. How to deal with anger, anxiety, and depression.
4. Pressing on even when it feels like I am getting nowhere.
5. Even taking my meds! Although with resignation I take them.
6. Asking people for help
7. Not spending all my money (besides on bills) at the beginning of the month
8. Keeping a positive attitude
9. Investing in the future – my health, my education, my daily tasks
10. Asking God for help with all these things and more.
It’s funny because when I was listening to the song I thought of several things so maybe I will try again while listening:
1. To walk another mile
3. “Taking it” (life) for one more day
4. Asking God to be with me
5. Releasing the chains that bind me
6. Following God’s plan
7. Being humble
9. Doing all of the above with God’s wisdom, not my own
Maybe, dear Reader, it seems like I do most of these things, but really, some of the things I write are actually me being a cheerleader for myself. For example if I say it is necessary to read the Bible, I’m reminding myself, read your Bible. I may say, ask for help, but I am the worst at it lol… Maybe I suggest you pray about things, but honestly I need to make myself do those things.
Annnnnyway, I really like this song. It made me tearful, because I forget that God will help me with the simplest things, if I ask. And sometimes He will when I don’t, lol…
THANK YOU to http://addictionplace.net/ — I like his blogs. He is just an ordinary guy trying to stay sober and help other people to do the same. He’s not a religious nut like me (lol) just straightforward about his recovery. Here is what it says about his “About” page:
Addiction Place is a place to research and learn about mental health and addiction.
I’m a father, husband, brother and a son who lives a successful life with Bipolar and Addiction Disorder. I’ve been a special education teacher for 13 years and a high school baseball coach for 6 of those years.
Twelve years ago, I went to Hazelden Treatment Center for the first time to face my alcohol addition.
After a year and a half, I relapsed and 6 years later, I was back in rehab at La Hacienda Treatment Center.
I have now been in active recovery for almost 4 years and I aspire to be an addiction counselor and a writer.
Addiction Place has a website called Self Help Survival Store.