This Award is created to highlight and promote Inspiring Bloggers. The design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter. It is a Copyright image you cannot alter or change it in any way, just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo
Wow! Nominated for an award. This was a nomination by Gray Clouds / Clear Skies,or should I just say it’s from a new friend named Peggy. She writes about her depression and the ways and means she is fighting, hard! to get through it! She is a light, even when she is feeling down! Love you Peggy and so thankful you are on this walk with Christ with me!
To receive this award, there are certain criteria I must follow. So let me post those first.
•”Nominate your 6 favorite bloggers! In your nominees I would like for you to think of the light emanating from the stars – the ones that truly touch your soul with their work, the ones that are the light for you – a true STARLIGHT Blogger.
•Thank the giver and link their Blog to your post.
•Answer the 3 new questions from your nominator given to you.
•Please Pass the award on to 6 or more other Bloggers of your choice and let them know that they have been nominated by you.
- Include the logo of the award in a post or on your Blog, please never alter the logo. Please don’t delete this note: the design for the STARLIGHT Bloggers Award has been created from YesterdayAfter is a Copyright image you cannot alter or change it in any way just pass it to others that deserve this award. Copyright 2015 © YesterdayAfter.com – Design by Carolina Russo”
The questions from Peggy and my answers:
1. What impact do you hope to have through your blog?
When I started, my aim was to be to others what I was finding lacking myself: I believe that all of us who are saved are “The Church” and I want to be “The Church’s” response to mental illness. To be knowledgeable, not just supportive. And as a survivor of mental illness, I can be more empathetic than those who have not been there.
Of course, I also want to amuse and entertain, and inspire.
I hope I’m accomplishing these things!
2. What’s something about you that we don’t know from your blog or About Me page? Funny or serious, please share!
I suppose you don’t know that I am one of 10 kids! I have 2 sisters and 7 brothers!
3. Who is your hero/heroine and why? What specific impact did s/he have on you?
I have had many. Of course, Jesus is a hero to me, no one else has laid down their life for me nor will they.
Then I think of the heroes of my childhood – I loved reading their stories, like Helen Keller, Anne Frank, and Laura Ingalls. Their strong survivor spirit. I came to admire Corrie Ten Boom and Joni Eareckson Tada when I became a Christian. I admire my pastor for his genuine love for people. There are many others, some of which I will post below in my list of bloggers!
BONUS QUESTION from Peggy: (Is writing a book the dream of every blogger? I ask sincerely! Please post – anyone! – if this is true of you. What is your book about?)
I have always wanted to write! From early on, I wrote stories in little books, and I planned to do the same when I grew up. Later, I wanted to write an autobiography. Then I decided I wasn’t that fascinating, but I did want to write novels, and maybe include details from my life. Now I am interested in writing the book that I can’t find – the resource book for Christians suffering from bipolar illness. Maybe I will write one for each of the major mental illnesses. Who knows!
My questions for my nominees:
1. When you were growing up, what was your favorite story you told about yourself or your family, and why?
2. What impact do you hope to have with your blog?
3. Have you dreamt of writing a book? If so, what is your book about? If not, what is your dream?
So – since I can’t nominate Peggy – and I can’t nominate Julie – here are 6 others bloggers whom I enjoy reading, am inspired by, and consider that the insights they share to be “a light for me:”
1. I’d first like to nominate Lilka, who writes a wonderful devotional at B is for blessed! She also advocates for autism and special needs and this ranks her high in my book! Thank you Lilka!
2. Then there’s Church4EveryChild This website helps churches pursue kids with mental illness, trauma or developmental disabilities and their families. Even if you don’t have children, you can appreciate how much this help would have helped you when you were younger. You never know if your knowledge might help someone else at some point in time.
3. You’ve got to check out The OCD Christian. You’d be amazed at how many of us there are! This blog gives so much help and peace to those who suffer!
4. Check out Matt the Bun, also known as Pastor Matty in his youth group circle. He has some great insight into love, loss, marriage, and working with youth. He’s a great soul as well!
5. Here’s one of my favorite new blogs, Truth in Palmyra! This is a no-nonsense Biblical guy with a great sense of humor. I know! Check him out, you won’t be sorry!
6. Finally, do you love Pinterest, but want a place that is clean and refreshing, God centered? Check out the GodInterest Blog!
Thanks in advance to those nominees who choose to participate! and thanks again Peggy! Please check out and support the blogs I’ve outlined above and give them a shout out! Tell em I sent ya!